Thursday, October 21, 2010

Listen to your thoughts as they show you the way, look in the mirror and see everything you hate.



Patient in a coma. Distracted absence. What introspective nightmares are you facing? What memory abducts you from consciousness in such greedy fashion? Leaving this numb cell behind. A holding pattern. A cell medicated and monitored like a cancer. A burden. For everyone to bear. Dead flowers and dusty get well cards fill your dim room, the afterthought. Why do they apologize to you when you are so far away. So unfathomably far from everyone and their busy lives. And we are busy. So busy in fact , that we almost forgot about you. Absorbing time and resource.

When you inhale your first breath after waking and open your eyes with a brand new perspective, believe me when I say: "i'm going to be there." To give you back what you have taken from me. My Patience. Perhaps we can start fresh. But I perhaps I could kill you just as easily as well.
We'll see.



Cancer is a Gift

No comments: